• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auxilary Fuel tank in a 66

66broncofan

Contributor
I hope this question makes sense. I have a 66 - no aux fuel tank. I'd like the added fuel capacity gained by adding a tank but do not want another filler neck or gas cap on the quarter. Is it possible to replumb the lines to both tanks and just use one filler neck?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
x2 on the second tank. Trying to run two tanks together is going to do nothing but frustrate you I would think.

IceBronco

I put in an aux tank on my '66 and installed a pump between the tanks. When I come near empty, I pump the gas between tanks. simple enough.

Hjörleifur, Iceland.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Aero tanks makes an 11 gallon aux tank for a 70-77 that fuels throught he fender well. Its Aero model 1040. I don't know what the difference would be between that and a '66. You might call and ask. I was thinking of getting one for the passenger side to fix my Bronco lean problem.

IceBronco

Installed a filler neck for the second tank. Didn't seep in the first time I read the first post that the goal was original look on the '66 in question. Sorry, nothing more annoying than people who don't study the threads. However.. Why not keep a single filler neck and connect the two tanks at the top and the bottom with, say, two to three inch pipes with some sturdy pipes? Weld an outlet (english is not my first language..) to the wall close to bottom, and another one close to the top (clean the tank before, no fuel!!!) on each tank and connect those two? Shure, it will take a while to fill, with some burping noises in the beginning but what the hey? I think I'll start tonight on this fiasco, thus hiding the extra filler. What do you say?

Hjörleifur.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I installed an aux tank on my build last year...fabbed up the neck and a pocket to put the cap in...was not too much trouble.%)

Attachments

• 6-12-08 006.jpg
    6-12-08 006.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 6-12-08 001.jpg
    6-12-08 001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 6-12-08 003.jpg
    6-12-08 003.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 8-21-08 003.jpg
    8-21-08 003.jpg