• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Foaming P/S fluid?

Scrapper_MV

I put a new P/S pump in to try and fix my hard steering. I added Lucas P/S fluid and turned the engine over a few times with out starting it. Then I topped it off and fired it up. Pink foam is pouring out around the cap! I expected to get some air in the system, and I was going to follow the P/S bleeding procedure on West Coast Broncos website. But I'm afraid to start it again, that pink foam made a huge mess!

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Start engine, let run for 1 second, turn off. Wait 30 minutes for foam to clear, top off, repeat several times.If the pump sucks any air it will have to go through the whole system to get out. this includes air trapped in the foam state of oil.

OP
OP
S

Scrapper_MV

I just turned the wheel lock to lock with the engine off and I can hear it burping air!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Keep doing that until it stops burping.

PS spit up is from air in the system. It gets compressed when the system is running. Turn the engine off, compressed air expands and spews fluid out.