• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

horns

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
what are you guys using? I need to put a horn on that does not sound like something out of a circus parade.

oh and of course the po removed the old one

Gitup73

Loc.
Northeast Ohio
I just received my new horn from Tom's bronco parts. It is pretty sad. Don't buy it. I am thinking about just going to the boneyard and getting one off of a super duty. The nautilus series didn't sound too bad, though. At least you can get an idea of what the horn sounds like before you buy it. Pretty cool website.

Sport69

Grabbed mine out of a 90's Explorer, along with the coolant/wiper resevoir. Its a dual horn that sounds 'truck-ish', mounts with one bolt and its still FORD! ;D

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
OK, Stand by, I am trying to set up a mass buy for some real (pain generatingly loud) train air horns. 3 or 4 trumpets, ~15" long, 7" tall, 6"wide (total, all horns mounted together) With compressor, tank, valve, and all the rest of the crap it take to set it up. All you have to do is mount it and hook up to your battery and a switch. Trying to negotiate a mass buy price. Should be in the mid $100's.

BTW, you can use the compressor to air up your tires. It's rated for 100% duty cycle.

Stay tuned, probably be a month or so.

Dan

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Hey Dan that sounds great. Can you get a price for just the horn and solenoid/valve for those of us who already have onboard air?

Dusty

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
OK, Stand by, I am trying to set up a mass buy for some real (pain generatingly loud) train air horns. 3 or 4 trumpets, ~15" long, 7" tall, 6"wide (total, all horns mounted together) With compressor, tank, valve, and all the rest of the crap it take to set it up. All you have to do is mount it and hook up to your battery and a switch. Trying to negotiate a mass buy price. Should be in the mid $100's.

BTW, you can use the compressor to air up your tires. It's rated for 100% duty cycle.

Dan

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
Dusty,

That's part of the details I am working out, the horn and solinoid are less than $100, but will see what I can do on working in to a mass buy. Also got to see if they will ship directly to the individules or if I have to handle all of the shipments, stuff like that. I may even talk to you about "hosting" the mass buy. First step is to get reliable communication with them though.

;)

Dan

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth

Dan
I'm in for this!!!

Keep us posted!;D

baglock

i have a twin trumpet salvaged of an old boat. Sounds like a semi.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
If we can get this for 200 or under it would be a steal! a super loud horn and on board air, you can't go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYcnYLK_50

Crying while I'm laughing!

Ya, that sounds like the 3 trumpet version that I am looking at. The 4th trumpet add an extra shrill tone that really "parts the croud" The comment on the manufacturers site was something to the effect that it was one of the least pleasnt testing experiences they had done.

The ones that I am looking at are already under the $200 mark for the complete kit, I'm just trying to see if I can get it below $150 or even less.

Til then keep your hands off the horn button 8)