• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What size and length bolts for exhaust manifold?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What size, grade and length bolts for stock exhaust manifolds? Also..do I need anything other than a stock style gasket to seal these manifolds? Any sealer, or other stuff needed?

Thanks,

Blue71

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I would recommend the aluminum gaskets. They seal up real well and won't blow out as easy as paper gaskets, they can also be reused. I used grade 8 bolts w/ lock washers. I'm pretty sure the length was 1.5" and 2.5" 4 short and 4 long on each side. I don't remember the bolt sizes though. (maybe 1/2" bolt)

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
3/8 x16 bolts. i like anti seize on exhaust bolts. i'vehad good luck with the
fel pro aluminized oe replacement gaskets.

Last edited:

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
3/8 x18 bolts. i like anti seize on exhaust bolts. i'vehad good luck with the
fel pro aluminized oe replacement gaskets.

That's a great suggestion, I may just have to go back and do that. I didn't think to apply anti seize on mine.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Yes anti seize is your friend. It works really good as a lubricant for when you have to put a bolt through a bushings as well. Like in the leaf spring and body bushings. It has graphite in it and once it dries out it leaves the graphite in the sleeve in the bushing which make the removal process a lot easier down the road.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
it is a must when you are bolting dissimilar metals together, such as steel bolts into alum heads...