• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Testing Electric Wiper Motor

charvey9

Loc.
Beaverton, OR
Just recently, the electric windshield wipers on my 72 Bronco quit working. I can tell that they are still getting power since I can actually hear the elecricity "click" on when the delay switch turns hot, and the wipers occasionaly move about 1/4" inch.

I can't find any fault in the wiring so at this point I'm guessing the wiper motor is bad, but before I shell out $$ for a new motor I was wondering if there is an easy way to test the motor. Electrical work is really not my forte, and appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Check voltage at the motor. Make sure you have a good ground strap from motor to windshield frame.

Attachments

• wipers.jpg
    wipers.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 36

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Mine were working intermittantly after I rewired my frame off 76. I discovered that the wire on the center stud of the ignition switch provides power to the windshield wipers, heater blower and turn signals. I had a loose connection. I cleaned the terminal and tightened it up and now everthing works perfectly. Just a thought.