• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WMS on dana 44?

TrailWorthyFab

Loc.
WICHITA, KANSAS
I'm at work and just had a narrowed 60 fall into play. Before I tell the guy I want it I need to see if anyone knows off hand what the WMS on a (lets say) 77 Bronco front axle is? And of the 9" out of a 77'. Thanks! I'm not in my shop to get the measurements for my self.

((((Measurement from Wheel mounting surface to Wheel mounting surface))))

Todd

OP
OP
T

TrailWorthyFab

Loc.
WICHITA, KANSAS
Apogee

posted this:

Wheel Mounting Surface (WMS) to Wheel Mounting Surface (WMS) is the best way to call out axle widths and the only one here that is applicable to this thread IMO. The EB axle is ~58" WMS to WMS. The F150 axle is ~65" WMS to WMS. It may not sound right, but that's the way it is

If he is right then the axle I found isn't going to work%) It's going to be to wide. For once the search button had good tech and not bickering;D

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow...I'm being quoted. I believe the dimensions I gave above are for the rear 9" measurements. The Dana 44 is a little wider at 58.5" IIRC.

If you've got a line on a narrowed 60, you can always make up for some of the width with the backspacing on the wheels assuming that you'll be converting to 8-lug in the process.