• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone on here remember K Bar S Bronco Specialties

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
nope, do remember them though...that you?

glass76

Sure do. Bought several items from them in early 90's. Still have a couple of their old catalogs and their little stickers. Are you related to them?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOL..got a set of K Bar S springs still on an EB here. Can still tell whether a quarter lying on the road is heads or tails by counting the number of bumps when I run over it too.;D

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
There was a K bar S Sticker on the driver's side vent window of my Bronco before the window flew off the truck on the expressway last fall! I really liked that sticker too!

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas
LOL..got a set of K Bar S springs still on an EB here. Can still tell whether a quarter lying on the road is heads or tails by counting the number of bumps when I run over it too.;D

I had those on mine for years...finally broke down and went WHs coils/leafs several years back. Rides like a Cadillac now with the shocks turned down all the way. My Smittybuilt bumper is from KBarS, first time I ever went to Vegas I stopped by...they had a Bronco in the yard that had been hit by a train. Not pretty.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I do...still have a couple of catalogs too.

Can't remember what year it was, at least 12 years ago,but my wife had a friend play an April Fool's day joke on me: her friend, that I had never met, called me from a call center at their office pretending to be someone from KBarS . told me that I had won a $1500 gift cert in a random drawing of customers. I was PSYCHED 'cuz that was just about enough to buy everything I had marked in their catalog! Turns out, Wifey (gf at the time) had taken the catalog and got all of the info from it: all of the correct KbarS info, my contact info (had stuff shipped to the shop I worked for), and my wish list.... It felt like winning the powerball (as much as I can imagine). I was giddy for about 24 hours before she told me the truth, to save me from making a foll of myself by calling KbarS to "redeem" my prize. I still haven't gotten her back for it. I was as dejected as a kid that watched his pony being taken to slaughter when I found out.

What about Venice/Vintage Broncos? Anyone remember them?

Last edited:

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I bought a Smittybuilt roll cage, a Kayline soft top, and a roadster kit from KbarS in 1995.
I also modeled my first Bronco after one pictured in your catalog.

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Hell ya, I bought a bunch of stuff, back in the day. I remember talking to , I believe, John, I may be wrong. Anyone I spoke to was real knowledgeable and friendly. I was just a kid learning about these rigs, and there was no internet, they had allot of patience with me and all my questions. I still have some parts, but sadly lost my catalogs. I've always wanted to build another one, a roadster in the K bar S style.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Among other things from K bar S, I bought fiberglass fenders and hood, and a smitty built cage that held up pretty good during a 60 mph roll June '89. I still have some catalogs and stickers also.......

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Heck yeah. I still have the latest catalog.

Attachments

• KbarS.jpg
    KbarS.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 651

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Made it to there old store once. Still have a T-shirt from there.
went to the new store once, just before the fall.
Have a "boss" book (Stroppe) that came from the Stroppe family surplus. At least according to the story.

OP
OP
K

KbarS

My dad is John Karp he is 80 yrs old and in good health. When he retired from K Bar S it was hard for him, that company meant everything. He still loves to talk about the old broncos and has a million stories. I found this site today and was just curious if anyone remembered him. It's nice to read all the good things about him and memories because he always tried to do what was right in business, and that's hard.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Invite him on board. We like to hear stories too.

Heck yea!!! Glad you found this site.

I was just thinking of some of the other "cutting edge" stuff like the dual shock mounts that are still on my '73.

Very cool!! WELCOME!!

OP
OP
K

KbarS

Invite him on board. We like to hear stories too.

Sorry, he's not much of a computer guy, he would probably get mad at my PC and throw it out in the yard. ;D If I could post pictures on here I would scan a bunch and share.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Back in "the day", K Bar S was my favorite. Bought a few things from them, as much as I could actually, given that I was in school & had limited funds. The EB's pictured in the catalogs made me drool and were the "standards" to which I wanted to build mine. Good to hear your Dad is doing well & you can tell him he & his work are far from forgotten!