• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

exhaust backdraft

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
We had some stuff to haul last night and had to leave the lift gate open because of a big headboard. The exhaust was pretty bad. The car runs great but I wonder if it's a bit rich or is this normal? If it's normal, how can people take a drive with the top off without getting carbon monoxide poisening?

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
It's normal. With no top you won't smell exhaust. With a top and the back open on ANY vehicle you'll get exhaust inside the vehicle.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I've always had some fumes come in with the hatch opened. With the top off it's not a problem.

Toddpole

Contributor
You'll only kill the weak ones.

I heard an explanation similar to this about beer making you smarter. Much like a heard of wild animals, the slower, weaker ones are culled from the heard by the predators (beer). Sounds plausible to me. Anyone want to meet for a drink later today?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I heard an explanation similar to this about beer making you smarter. Much like a heard of wild animals, the slower, weaker ones are culled from the heard by the predators (beer). Sounds plausible to me. Anyone want to meet for a drink later today?

I've done a 20 yr. research project on this, using myself as the subject. Think of it this way...go back to high school and compare strong/weak brain cells to students...Who were the toughest? Jocks. Who were the weakest? Geeks. Who were the smartest? Geeks. You end up eliminating the smartest, but weakest brain cells. RESEARCH RESULTS: Ultimately, after 20 yrs. of concentrated beer drinking, I don't feel any smarter; however, I do have better taste in beer now.