• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with james duff radius arms!!

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
I am currently installing a 5.5'' james duff monster suspension lift and have gotten to installing the new radius arms. I am having a horrible time trying to get the radius arms ends screwed into the end of the radius arms itself. I get them screwed in about 1/4 of the way and then they become extremely hard to screw in even using a wrench. If anybody can help me or if anyone has had this problem with there Duff radius arms please let me know how i can get them to thread completely in..Thanks in advance
Dan

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
had the same issue with a set i installed years ago, turned out their powdercoater didn't completely clean the sand out of the threads after sandblast. also are you using some oil on the threads? they recomend it.

rtreads

Loc.
If you dont want to buy that huge of a tap to clean out threads, you might be able to use a dental pick... way cheaper!