• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auto Tranny problem....

JC

Loc.
Conway, Arkansas
Hey guys, this isn't on the Bronco, but would like to get your thoughts on this problem I've been having on my truck. If I make a trip lasting a couple of hours or so, it will start shifting hard from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. When I say hard, I mean it feels like it could break a u-joint. It seems like it might have something to do with getting hot while driving on the interstate for long periods. I need to get it in the shop and have it serviced & checked out, just thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas what the problem may be.

This is on a 2000 Z71, with about 115K miles. I know, I know, it's a cheby, THAT'S the problem! ;)

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Sounds like high line pressure.
But we need to know what it is to further guess what is wrong. Could be anything from a bad wire to a hanging valve, and the list is nearly endless. But we can often make it a lot shorter if we know what we are looking at.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That should be computer controlled. Pull codes. I bet it has one for line pressure solenoid.