• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

c4 linkage adjustment.

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
Ive still got a problem with my shifter linkage on my 76. When it is adjusted for the needle to show park the needle doesnt point right the rest of the shifts. Neutral on the pointer is reverse, and so on. Are there some bushings in my shifter linkage that could be allowing this? Ive adjusted it a few times at the transmission and still get the same issue. The way it is im only getting 2 out of my transmission, the shifter wont let me go all the way to low.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You need to disconnect the linkage at the trans and verify that you can manually shift it in all six positions. It is possible to install the valve body with the manual valve lined up incorrectly. If you have all six positions working put the C4 in neutral, have someone hold the shift lever in neutral and reconnect them. If you don't have all six positions the valve body needs to come out and get put back in correctly.

OP
OP
ryan_289

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
Ok, ive got all six positions at the trasmission. However if I adjust the linkage to get low I cant get park. If I adjust it to get park I dont get low. When you get park the indicator is correct untill you go past neutral, after that it goes all to heck. Im confused on this one. Need some help???

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The problem lies in the column. Make sure the bushing that the shift rod fits into is in good shape.