• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

R Bronco Headers specific to Broncos?

alanis1269

Loc.
Allen Texas
Can Try Y headers that fit a classic mustang fit on a Bronco? or any headers advertised for 289,302 and 351, are they interchangeable?
Will the headers advertised for Broncos only fit on Broncos?

I have a 69 Bronco, V8 with manifold exhaust and want to add headers with wrap to reduce engine heat. Which Headers are the easiest to fit. I don't care about looks since they will be wrapped and it's not a show truck it's a go truck.

Thanks for the help.

Sonny

ralls

Loc.
Andalusia
I don't know of any headers that will work other than bronco ones. I bought aset off of ebay that fit a mustang they were stainless shortys, but the pass. side pointed at frame rail. I bought a set of hedmans. They were a pain to install and hard to get to some spark plugs. I wrapped mine too, but to do over I would buy some ceramic coated. Or I,ll take mine off and sell them to ya.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I'd stick with the bronco ones. All other exhaust manifolds and headers I've seen will interfere with your clutch, frame or starter on a bronco. I even used my long tube bronco headers from my 302 on my 351 and had to bend the hell out of the header and the clutch linkage to get it all to fit in there. Get the Bronco shorties

65 mustang

You can bolt any ford small block header up to any fsb head. The gt40p head has a plug angle problem with regular headers. The only issue is what they will hit cuz they are bent for a different application. Scott

BRONC75

Loc.
EDMOND OKLAHOMA
Any fsb header will bolt to heads .But what lies underneath the bronc is the question. Go with bronc headers. Wraped a set once they are some where in the atic. If i rember right almost anything fits drivers side but almost nuthing pass. Gave up and went coated jbas still tight.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Go with bronco headers and I wouldnt recommend wrapping them that will only shorten the life of the headers especailly if you live in a wetter area of the country. Ceramic coating is the best way to go. Do it once its cheaper. Also full lenght headers make more power and torque than shorties.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I bought a set of shorties or around 200 buck I beleive from Summitracing.com for the SBF. They would work with any clutch or SBF engine combo (except GT40P heads)

they are not coated but I needed a cheap set so there you go. They sell a coated version for around 450 but that would put you back to the cost of some of the bronco parts houses coated headers.

Ben