• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Head swap question

butt

Hi new to this forum and wow is it great just got my first bronco 66 200 six 3 on the tree 600 bucks. OK it had a broken exhaust manifold someone busted off the bolts in the head. No problem I got another motor with everything for 25bucks.so I am going to do the swap but the 66 has adjustable rockers and the other does not. 1 do I have to change the lifters as well or throw the old rods and rack on new head. I am going to shive the bronco to run this summer and frame off this winter

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Are you sure the '66 has a 200? The stock 6 cylinder engine would have been a 170 until 1973 when it was replaced by the 200. The 170 has solid lifters and the 200 has hydraulic.

OP
OP
B

butt

not sure cold be 170 the 2 heads have the same numbers and look alike but for the adjustment on the 66 kind of throws me.i am new to this.