• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door post H-E-L-P!

69BroncoNH

Hi,

So I've been working on the passenger side door post on my 69 EB, I've replaced the passenger side floor and have dry fitted the kick panel and door post. I made careful measurements of a very original 70. The replacement post is off by 1/2 an inch or so..... at the top, an 1/8th at the bottom. I noticed the door didn't fit properly before I took it a part. This is a very rusty beast, so there could be a few years of sagging at play.

What I'm looking is some suggestions on getting things back to where they should be!

Thanks in advance!

John

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
door post

hi john, i just replaced my door post on the driver side of my 72 and getting ready to start the passenger side this weekend. my door opening from pillar to post was 1/2" shorter than the pass. side. i measured over and over and it was shorter than the passenger side. i also dry fit my new rocker and noticed that it was not fitting and of course it fit perfect on the passenger side. i spent about 6 hours of fitting all my pieces before i spot welded the pillar and rocker. i bought my bronco without the driver door attached. hmmmm, maybe because it didnt fit! lol good thing im a body man. it had damage and sagging that i never saw until i removed the pillar and rocker. took a few swings with a hammer and dolly to get it right but she is back together and all the jambs fit great. check for any old damage and just measure and test fit over and over til she comes out right. take your time.

Last edited: