• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shoulder style seatbelt mounting on cage ? need pictures

Zeke

Hello,

I'm installing a 6 point roll cage and was wondering if you guys could show me how you mounted shoulder style seatbelts to the cage? This would be for both the front and rear seats.

Thanks,
Zeke

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it better to bolt through both sides of the cage, or to drill a hole and weld a nut to one side?

Rymadd

Is it better to bolt through both sides of the cage, or to drill a hole and weld a nut to one side?

Depending on the thickness of the tubing I would think that this would squeeze the walls together. I always though somebody should make a clamp for the upper part of the seat belt, then you could adjust it up and down by loosening some Allen screws. Kinda like those tubing clamps for rock buggies that have the 6 screws and they are a split design just not quite that beefy.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Through the tube seatbelt bungs...

Attachments

• IMG_6620.web.jpg
    IMG_6620.web.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 128

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Better to tap and thread the cage and weld a nut to the cage. Drilling through the cage without reinforcing creates a week point in the tubing.

Amac70

ME
I used welded in threaded inserts drilled all the way through the cage and welded on both ends. You can see pics in my garage at the bottem. the bottem mount is mounted on a brackets in double shear. the threaded inserts use 1/2 bolts. they make the inserts that are larger on one end then the other to put through the back side so they can't pull through.

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
I used the limiting strap brackets from ruff stuff. cheap, and they weld on anywhere on the cage. This was when I was running simple lap belts, now I have 5 point harnesses

185927_348217868586180_2025765795_n.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I bought seat belt bungs from Blue Torch Fab. Worked great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hawkgt

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
This isn't the best pic but you get the idea. I bought seat belt bungs for the shoulder mount. I can take a better pic when I get home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361629534143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361629534143.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 83