• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear located battery box question

bronco117

I am doing the wiring for a friend's bronc. He is doing the welding on my cage. He has a tube front end so the battery box behind the passenger seat. For those that have done this, how did you wire your alternator, winch and high amp fan (lincoln mark VIII)?

Thanks.

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
I moved all the high current wiring from under the hood to the pass. floor pan.

wiring connections are the same. alternator and winch go to solenoid post. fan should have a fuse and relay.

draw a wiring daigram and work out what needs to be done before you start.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Where are you planning on putting the solenoid? Just stretch the wires to there.

My under the passenger seat battery feeds directly to the starter (gear reduction starter with built in solenoid). Winch and other vehicle eletrical feeds come off the starter.

When I did the painless kit years ago I rerouted the battery feed to the battery under the seat. Not very pratical unless doing a whole wiring kit. Mine was a generic kit as well.