• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB Belly Pan installation question.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
In the rebuild of my Bronco I have learned that there are many things and factory parts that seem slightly different from other old broncos, especially when it comes to replacement parts. Nothing seems to line up quite like it is supposed to.

I went to install my BCB Belly Pan and found out that none of the holes line up. The holes on the new skid plate/belly pan are 6" apart and on my old super bent up original skid plate they are 6 1/2" apart. The frame rail to frame rail hole width is different too (new is over 27" and the original is 26 1/2"). It looks like I will be drilling some holes. I know I can wait till Monday and call BCB for advice (Their service is excellent), but I would like to install the belly pan possibly tomorrow. Does anyone have measurements on where their BCB Belly Pan is on the frame in comparison to the stock front radius arm brackets or the stock rear spring hangers? Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, the BCB skid plate/belly pan is awesome! There have been many trips where I have bent the original skid plate into my transfer case. I look forward to testing this new skid plate/belly pan.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I am not able to post pics, but you can see the slid plate/belly pan on the BC Broncos website.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sorry I didn't see this until now. Be sure the front is to the front. You will have to drill new holes.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My frame had no holes. Had to drill all of mine. Doing so I also ended up making custom spacers for the back. But it fits just fine.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Thanks Chuck. Does it matter what the distance is from the front of the skidplate to the radius arm brackets or the back to the spring hangers, or will any spot work? Also thanks to everyone for their input.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Make your self happy. I center it so you can ride on a rock on the radius arm to the skid plate to the spring hanger to the rear leaf.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Thanks so much Chuck. Since I am a learn as I go mechanic, your help has been invaluable.

And by the way, your idea on countersinking the one mounting bolt of my 351W adapter made for a easy clean install of my new 3G alternator (no grinding on the alternator was needed).