• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch Equilzer Bushing

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I bought a bushing kit from Wild Horses.

What is the easiest way to swap the bushings? Do I unbolt the brackets on the engine or the frame?

I have long tube headers so it is tough to access from under the truck.

I have the steering column out and planned on reinstalling it tomorrow. Should I wait and do the equalizer bushing first?

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
No problem. Just undo the two bolts on the frame bracket and the two bolts on the block and bellhousing. These can be accessed from the inside the fender. it all comes right out. Clean, paint, install new bushings, fill ends of the equilizer tube with grease. "Assembly is the reverse of dissassembly" ;D .

Hoochdog

1. Remove the clutch rod from the equalizer bar. (cotter pin and pin)
2. Remove the equalizer engine bracket. (2 bolts)
3. Remove spring on clutch fork.
4. Loosen clutch fork push rod. Remember where it was for reinstall.
5. Remove the equalizer bar.
6. Remove equalizer frame bucket that has 2 bolts attached to frame.

It is pretty simple linkage to take out and put back in. The bushings are held in by c-clips. When I bought my EB, it did not have the equalizer engine bracket and kept falling out.

Good luck

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
A friend gave me a good idea while I just had my eq bar out. Drill and tap it for a zerk to keep it well lubed.

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Well it came out easier than expected.
The bushing appears to be missing from one side and eye on the clutch adjustment rod is worn quite a bit.

The bracket that mounts the frame is slotted. Does it need to line up with anything or should I just aim for the middle?