• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door weather stripping Again!

meadowblaster

I have read numerous posts about upper and lower door weatherstripping fitment issues, I couldn't find anything about soffseal. Has anyone used this product? The guy that did my body work swears by it, says it softer than most aftermarket stuff and conforms quickly. Their website lists upper and lower door seals for Broncos. www.soffseal.com. I bought a set of seals on ebay years ago, no idea what brand and put my passenger door in yesterday. The body was perfectly aligned with perfect gaps before. I put the weather strip in and the lower back part of the door hangs out 3/4" now. I will try some adjustments but I don't want to sacrifice door fitment. I am going to let it set compressed for a few days and then try again.

Jonboy69

It should compress some after a couple of days but if it is pushing the door out 3/4", that is quite a bit.

djhudson05

I have the same problem. Bought weatherstrips a few years ago from autokrafters. Doors fit fine until I installed the weatherstrips recently. now the back sticks out a little. Will just have to keep working with it.