• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ques. concerning AA

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
That's Advanced Adaptors not the other group ;D While changing to another t-case I noticed that the splines on the AA output shaft were twisting. Has anyone else experienced this? We wheel pretty hard but would expect the aftermarket steel to be as good as oem and it doesn't look like it.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
That's Advanced Adaptors not the other group ;D While changing to another t-case I noticed that the splines on the AA output shaft were twisting. Has anyone else experienced this? We wheel pretty hard but would expect the aftermarket steel to be as good as oem and it doesn't look like it.

As you're aware I wheel mine harder than you, and the splines on mine still look like new. You make it to Moab this year?

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Glad to hear that yours isn't twisting. AA did step up to the plate and sold me another one for 40% off the going rate for the o.p. shaft. Considering I've wheeled it for 8 years I guess that's fair. Kinda lucky for me that I couldn't make Moab this year. I might have required a tow in and long trip for nothing. We're sure hoping for next year.
We retired over a year ago (just before Moab 08), but due to the economy I had to return to work. The cost of going to Moab and the no work no pay week would have been too expensive. We're keeping our fingers crossed for next year. I found the b.o. shaft while changing out the terra Dana 20 for a 203/205 combo replacement. So even though we didn't make Moab :cry: Bronco is getting some much needed attention. See you next year