• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cooked my starter - need a new one.

hermosaeb

I nuked the starter on my `69. It appears to be the original unit. I'd love to replace it with the exact same model b/c... well, cuz it worked for all these years...

It's a ford part:
Doaf 11131 D
is stamped on the back.

newish 302 crate motor
stock 3-speed tranny

No luck @ autozone/kragen/ford dealer/various bronco websites.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get an exact replacement?

Jordanlu

I'm sure that is the right one. I just replaced mine, purchased from Napa. I'm at my office right now, so don't have the documentation with me, but Napa does offer the correct one.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If you're so attached to it why not just have it rebuilt? You won't find a new 1970 starter sitting on a shelf anywhere.

gpete

Summit has a starter for your truck i am using one for my 71 302 with the three speed for the past 4yrs

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Call RRRAAAYYY22 at svapowerproducts and ask him
If he cant get you one, it cant be got
Member on this board and a purveyor of some awesome starters and alternators. Lots of us know, we run Rays stuff
www.svapowerproducts.com
TOFIC

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
I just put a Hatachi starter in and gonna have to pull it back out, every so often the starter motor stays on.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Late model Ford PMGR (permanent magnet gear reduction) type starters should work. Not quite as small as the Hitachi style, but still a smaller case than original.

Paul