• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toms bronco vs Wild horses?????

jimmy18thing

In the market for new leafs and springs... I noticed that the toms 11 leaf pack is on sale for $280.00 and wondered if the quality was better going with wild horses... also what about their springs? How do they compare? I am looking at a 3.5 set up.... any suggestions or input???

ralls

Loc.
Andalusia
I think they all use denver springs. I know that Duff has a heavy version. If you call them they will tell you who makes them.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I bought a used set of Tom's 3.5" 11 leaf springs. They are pretty stiff. I wouldn't recommend them.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
I bought a used set of Tom's 3.5" 11 leaf springs. They are pretty stiff. I wouldn't recommend them.

To each their own. I have them in my half cab daily driver. They cruise the mall and trail just fine. I bet they might be a bit softer with the full cab mounted. I have been running mine with a spare 289 in the back end and their is no sag and rides smooth.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
No experience with Tom's, but I have Cage and my son has Wild Horses.

I like the Wild Horses better than the Cage and find the Wild Horses to be a little softer and more plush feeling.

BIGED

Guru ????
I have the Wild horses 3.5 11 pack,I like them but have only the stock to compare them to and they are much better.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'm getting ready to install WH springs in the rear, but I've put them in ToddZ69's rig and they do ride real nice. I honestly believe the shocks will make the biggest difference.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
what shocks are you running?

I've actually been running around with no shocks. In the process of moving them in front of the axle.

You really can't even tell there are no shocks. I wouldn't say the ride is harsh, but I shouldn't be able to run around with no shocks either. They come no where near balancing out the front springs.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I ran and broke a few of the India manufactured Tom's 5.5" springs. Sorry, I can't recommend them. I would look for a Deaver manufactured spring if I were you.

Dan

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
We put 4-1/2" lift Deavers on a 3" front lift from JBG 2 years ago and were completely satisfied in their performance. They have dropped maybe 3/4" and the rake looks good and drives good..