• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ID Coils

joshm28

Loc.
Jasper, AL
I have a set of coils for a 2.5" lift that came with the truck. Is there any way to ID them and does anyone have a set they could measure (while not on the truck) so I can confirm they are 2.5"?

Thanks

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Free length will vary depending on the rate of the spring, so that number is meaningless unless you know the rate of the spring or the manufacturer. Usually you would measure between the axle and the frame to confirm the amount of lift, but with engine differences, bumpers, winches, tops etc, even that's not really a given.

Just out of curiousity, why do you need to know?

Tobin

tinytim02

I've got a set of brand new Dever Super Flex 2.5" coils waiting to be installed. They measure approximately 20".

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
IDing coils is hard and almost impossible. Sometimes if they are painted we can give you a best guess as some companys have there own color but thats getting harder to rely on these days.