• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flex

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
On the front end, run a good set of coils and replace the front shock mount. Either go with a shock hoop, or use the f250 mount. With a good set up 3.5 inch coils you should be able to run 12 inch short body shocks.

On the back, get a good set of leafs, and go to a longer shock mount and longer shock. BC broncos, Duffs and WIldhorses all have good options depending on what else you have done.

If you want more flex than than, then in the front you can add a wristed axle housing or wristed arm ( personally don't like these), or longer radius arms. BC broncos is the place for the WAH, Cage, Duffs, west coast broncos have extended arms.
Tom

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
ALL the above info is true and correct but if you do a cost comparason, you can build a 4 link for about the same and get better results...

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

My bronco is pretty much a toy all the time what is the softest front and rear springs.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
ALL the above info is true and correct but if you do a cost comparason, you can build a 4 link for about the same and get better results...

Duff's offers a 4 link kit too. For me, I lack the time, skill and tools to pull off a 4 link. Besides mine gets more highway miles these days.
Tom

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
In addition to what has already been mentioned, you could relocate your rear shocks inside the frame rails. Cross makes an inboard mount. I got more flex when I installed mine.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
....Cross makes an inboard mount. I got more flex when I installed mine.

This is a very simple upgrade for the rear suspension. It allows you to run stock length shock, and almost double the amount of travel. The inboard hoop locates the shocks at a 45 degree angle so they travel half the distance when the suspension cycles. No need for 31" shocks, It's hard to make room for them.

http://www.crossenterprises.com/66-77bronco.html

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 63

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Cage Arms seem to be the most popular on here. Stone Crusher makes radius arm extension, but they require a little fabbin' to finish up. Huge cost difference between the two.

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

Iam leaning towards cage. I have been searching alot and it always seems that cage is most popular. Iam mostly looking for the best flex i can get.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Iam leaning towards cage. I have been searching alot and it always seems that cage is most popular. Iam mostly looking for the best flex i can get.

I don't think you are going to see a noticable difference in lfex between any of the extended arrms. I have a 1 truck with the Cage arms and another with the Duffs (almost the same thing except in blue). I have also seen some of the BC Broncos arms and they are very high high quality also. I would say go with what you can get the best deal on.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Those arms are, or at least used to be made by All-4-Fun offroad ( www.broncobob.com ). Nothing worng with them other than what you stated...they use a factory-style stud for factory style bushings. They will be better than stock, but wont flex as much as the Cage or Duff arms since the stud mount doesnt offer the same range of motion. Plus, you have to re-use or buy the brackets...add the cost of new brackets in and you are not saving THAT much.

I really like my cage arms. They werent too bad to install. They are serious Beef. I know alot of people scoff about $. "I can add extensions" for less than $2-300." OK, also, put a bend in them and brace them--not sure about you, but I wouldnt want to depend on just the stud threaded on, even with a nice circumferencial weld. Add the extra materials, the time, brackets-or materials and time, you will spend more than you think. No, not as much as you will for a set of Cage or Duff arms...thats true. But look at a set of the Cagfe arms up close, pick one up...they are solid. You get what you pay for. IF you can fab up an arm like that, then go for it...but if you had the kind of equipment to do that...you wouldnt be asking, right...so spend the $ and get the good stuff.

Another option, someone on this site was making a few sets of "Lars bars" --modeled after a set first made by Lars Pederson--which are slightly lengthened arms (6-9 " range, I beilieve). These have the bend, were of heavy tube material, etc. That would be a nice option...you can try a search to see if anything comes up. Within the last 2 months or so, I know there was someone who made a few sets and it sounded like they were willing to make some others. Good luck.

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

Some one stated that cage is the best thing before you go to a 4 link does every one agree.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Cage and Duff are practically synonymous- one is silver, the other is blue.

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I put a Wild Horses 3.5" lift on mine and the F250 extended shock towers in the front.

My experience is that my rear leafs can flex like mad but even with 3.5" lift springs and longer shocks up front I still have zero articulation. none.

guess what I'm saying is, dont expect any flex in the front without some good long arms.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
There are a few welding differences at where the head meets the tube--as was explained to me by Jim Cole a while back in the Cage VS Duff's arms; although Duff may have changed-upgraded that part of the fabrication since then. And IMHO, the Cage brackets were better than the Duff's frame brackets--at least at the time I bought my arms a couple of years back. Not sure if Duff has upgraded their frame mounts since then. Otherwise they are pretty much identical arms.

You cant go wrong MtyMyk. The only thing that otherwise would be limiting your flex would be the brand of springs you run and your shock configurations. I saw that you have a 5.5" SL, what flavor?

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

This what I have now. All 4 fun radius arms extended 5.5 wild horses front coils and rear 5.5 TB leafs 11 pack. Inboard rear shocks and front shock hoops. This system Iam not happy with. I have looked on line and trying to descide whats wrong. Iam ready to go buy cage components. Can you tell me is it all from the radius arm not having a heim joint.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Honestly you need to get your Bronco up on some rocks or a friend with a forklift to give you a lift. See what is binding and take it from there.