• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

removing stains on ceramic coated headers?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
anyone have a hot tip for getting stains off ceramic coated headers? i had some oil get onto the hot exhaust and stained the good looking coating. wasn't sure if anyone had any luck using something like a fine steel wool or a scotch brite maybe.
any insight would be appreciated. i know i can't be the only one who's had something get onto their hot pipes..

thanks

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
anyone have a hot tip for getting stains off ceramic coated headers? i had some oil get onto the hot exhaust and stained the good looking coating. wasn't sure if anyone had any luck using something like a fine steel wool or a scotch brite maybe.
any insight would be appreciated. i know i can't be the only one who's had something get onto their hot pipes..

thanks

Try Never Dull made by Eagle One; Auto Zone carries it. I had the same problem when I had a tranny line spray fluid all over a hot engine compartment a few years ago. Never Dull cleaned things up reasonably well.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
TZ, thanks for the tip. i've got some here i'll give it a whirl.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let us know how it works. An aluminum polish of just about any kind should help with the minor stuff. Not sure if that's what Never Dull is, but since aluminum is one of the compnents of the silver ceramic coatings, it makes sense.

Paul

siderbox

Bronco Guru
+1 on the Never Dull by Eagle One and fine steelwool.
I use that after every weekend on my 2 stroke quads. They both have JetCoat exhaust on them. The clean up great.

rynos72

:eek: you might be amazed by what will clean up with coke a cola in a spay bottle

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
I also used a little brake kleen on a rag for oil stains(had a remote oil filter adapter blow off the eng.)