• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Por 15 ???

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Can i put Por 15 over epxoy primer that i shot on media blasted metal? Or do i need to strip the primer off? I looked on por's site, and didnt find it in their faq's.... It will be in my engine compartment.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
You can but you will not be gaining any rust prevention benefits by applying it over primer. It must be applied to a rusted surface or blasted metal that has been treated with their "Metal Ready" product.

FWIW, in the engine compartment, I think you'll be fine with your primer and normal paint on top of it.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Thanks for the reply Mark. What i have going on is the firewall is already por'd. I removed the inner and outer fenders when i had everything blased ( needed to separate because of rust repair reasons) So i am putting the inner feders back together, and want it to match the firewall. So i dont want to just paint those and have por on the firewall.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Ahhh, I see, says the blind man.
You can apply the POR on the primer to have it match
OR you can use their "Tie Coat Primer" on the firewall that has POR and then put the paint of your choosing on that if you desire.
OR you can put their "BlackCote" on the primered front clip which is the same color as POR (and cheaper I do believe and not UV sensitive).

:)