• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Brake Lines

charvey9

Loc.
Beaverton, OR
I just recently finished installing the Tom's front disc kit with new prop valve on my '72.

I was able to do some crude modification to the stock metal master cylinder lines (actually I had the flexible hoses/lines) and the prop valve line to get them to bend into a workable position......but they look like crap.

Does anyone know which master cylinder line kit will fit best with this application? Also, the only place I found that has a new prop line is Jeff's. Does anyone know if it is bent correctly to fit on the new proportioning valve?

Thanks!

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I bought a pair of brake line forming pliers from Eastwood. One of the better tools I have found. You can bend some pretty short 90's and form lines to fit that a regular tubing bender won't do.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I used Tom's brake line kit for a '74, the disc brake proportioning valve, new lines for a '76-77 proportioning valve to a Power booster MC (I have the old style power booster), and everything was a bolt on. I would call Tom's, they helped me with my mismatch brake system.