• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel injection HELP...........

626frank-bronco

Loc.
rosemead, ca
i have a 302 bore 60.over with a cam and a 750carb... I want to make it fuel injection but need help on what to choose should i go with a trottle body or injecters?

Its going to be my daily driver..i have a edealbrock manifold performer what would i need to make it fuel injection?????

THANKS.....

b4opec

Loc.
Sausalito, CA Marin
You need injectors.

Kidding aside, there are tons of threads on the topic here, not sure if you need to post a whole new thread.

Go to www.fordfuelinjection.com. Read it all. Look for pics of injection conversions on this site, I'm sure you'll find that an overwhelming majority are mustang/5.0 style conversions. Then go back to www.fordfuelinjection.com and study some more. You can do that conversion on the cheap if you try!

This site really has everything you need to know, just start digging.

rtreads

Loc.
...and be patient. You will have a lot to read and learn. But once you have a plan, everything together, go for it! There are MANY guys on here that know WAY more than you ever wanted to about doing this swap.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you're open to the idea of Throttle Body Injection. You can junkyard a TBI setup or buy a kit with all new parts (we sell the Howell TBI setup). It wil bolt right onto your 4V intake and is relatively easy to install.

That said, I'm a fan of Ford SEFI and have it on two 5.8l's. It requires more of a learning curve and can cost either less (if you junkyard everything) or much more (for all new stuff). Like was said above, there is plenty of knowledge here to help you along the way, but it will require you to do some learnin'.

Good luck, whichever way you go you'll be very happy with EFI.

Dusty

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You might be better served with a smaller carb 750 is way big especailly on a bronco.
Also do you know what the specs are on the cam you currently have? if its to big it will have to be swapped out to run SEFI mass air is a little more forgiving but still has limits in stock form.
I'd really suggest going with a whole motor if going to EFI considering your already .060 over with what you have.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Whether you go TBI (or Central Fuel Injection, CFI as Ford called it) or SEFI is totally up to what you want to accomplish in the long run.

As Dusty mentioned, the Howell units are nice, but IIRC they don't control spark like the EEC IV CFI and SEFI setups will. That can be a good or bad thing depending on what you already have for the engine. If it's already got a spot-on dizzy setup, then you don't need to change it.

Like Dusty, I'm also a BIG fan of the stock Ford EFI setups. You could probably just get all the parts off a MAF SEFI 5.0 out of the 'Yard and be VERY happy with it.

Look in the Tech section, there are a bunch of write-ups there.
Joe