• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disc Brake conversion Q

RB Precision

Loc.
Duvall, Wa
This is a for sale add, claiming these scout Dana 44 nuckles will work on a bronco.... I'm wondering if I can use them on my 75?

"I have 2 pair of Scout Dana 44 steering knuckles for sale at $25/pair. I have one set for drum brakes and the other for disk brakes. These can be used for most early, open knuckle Dana 44 application. The benefit of these knuckles is their high steering arm position and 2 holes in the arms. The 2nd hole can be used for attaching the drag link or other components or can be cut off completely if unused. I'm used a pair on my 1971 Ford Bronco for additional clearance for the tie rod. "

What do you guys think? Will they work?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've heard of guys using the Scout stuff on Broncos. Probably hear from a few of 'em here soon.
He's correct that most 44's of that vintage used compatible knuckles and the same part number ball-joint. So one can be swapped for another. As with anything like this, there are exceptions, but I think most Scout stuff was compatible. Not sure of the difference between a disc and a drum knuckle though.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh yeah, not sure about the rod-end holes and their tapers being compatible, but they're likely close and can be modified to work with whatever you're planning anyway. Especially if you're planning a TRO or spherical rod-end (Heim) type setup.

Paul