• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing emblems?

TN1776

Bronco Guru
They pretty much just pull off. They are held in place under friction from the inserts pushed into the sheet metal.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If you can get to the backside of the fender, you will see where the pins go through plastic inserts. Mark those spots on the emblem. Pry up carefully on the emblem at more than one of the pins. I used two small ripping type claw hammers wrapped in duct tape. The plastic inserts usually stay in the fender.

rharrell

Loc.
Benton, LA
Be real careful on the prying stuff. Mine were held on by some self threaded nuts. Reach up behind the fender and check first.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I have been lucky many times getting the emblems off...But..When the owner is standing behind me....I made several pieces...out of one emblem...

nathan_1970

I have been lucky many times getting the emblems off...But..When the owner is standing behind me....I made several pieces...out of one emblem...

I could see how that could happen, especially with the Bronco script emblem. I just took it very slow and easy and they came off pretty easy. The tool that worked the best for me was my upholstery removal tool, the one that is used to take those plastic clips off.