• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6cyl With A Np435

GOODOLEBOY84

Loc.
savannah
Hi i know this has probably been asked before, i tried searching last nite all i could find was swaping a np435 into v8 broncos, i want to keep my 6cyl, but im not sure on what adapter works for what with a 6cyl because of is shorter
adapter housing from the trans to tcase, so i guess this is for the guys that run the 4 speeds with the 6cyl, what did you do to keep the same length or can it not be done thanks dustin

Broncobowsher

Total hack
435 is possible.
same length is not.
Push the transfer case back a few inches, change driveshaft lengths and move the hole in the floor for the transfer case. All will be good.

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
guy down the road has a 66 with a 200 and the np435 man that bronco does good off road and down the highway i will ask him to post what he did.

JC

Loc.
Conway, Arkansas
I just put an NP435 behind my 6cyl about a month ago. Yes, you have to have an adapter. The intermediate housing you have will not bolt up. Mine was like the one here http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product.php?id=203. BC Broncos has one that will bolt right up to your intermediate housing here http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=24_62&products_id=176

Couple of things to keep in mind. The crossmember mounting brackets have to be moved back a couple inches. Also, the hole you cut in the floor for the shifter needs to be a couple inches rearward of what the V-8 guys do. I almost started cutting based on pictures found on this site, but they were V-8 pics. Luckily, I did some measuring before I started. I also had to have my rear driveshaft cut down because it ended up about a half inch too long. That was a $100 for a cut and balance. You may not have that problem though, and probably won't If you have a suspension lift. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm really happy with my swap.

Pete

Loc.
kansas city
Hi iam new to this site. I have a 69 mostly stock bronco with 3.5 lift and 1BL. The drive train is 170ci 3 on the tree I like to upgrade to the np435 from what ive read this is the best way to go. Can anyone give me advice info on what this will take and what year np435 i need to look for. Any info will help thanks.