• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw type pump

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know a more recent part number for the saginaw type pump that is mentioned in this upgrade?

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/napapump.html

The number comes up as a power steering box when speaking with my local Napa dealer. Also, would anyone know what Napa part number would be for the pulley that would fit. (A napa pulley # that is equivilent to Ford Stock pulley)

As mentioned in the upgrade this pump will fit the Stock Ford 302 brackets.

Another question is there another Saginaw type pump that bolts to the stock brackets that has dual returns in case of a future Hydroboost upgrade?

Thanks,

-Ed

Last edited:
OP
OP
77bronco_ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I see another post that mentions 1975 Ford E-150 Econoline V8 5.0 Liter
Would this produce the correct pump @ NAPA?

Thanks,

Ed

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Man, I might get to help somebody for once !

I am doing this as we speak.

I bought a dual return Saginaw pump from a forum member.

The part number on the tag is 50 - 6002 with 05018 72 0524 right below that.

The guy I bought it from said he had bought it from one of the EB vendors but couldn't remember which one.

It requires a different adjuster bracket (part number unknown) but the stock front bracket works fine.

I just bought the pulley from NAPA today under part # 7-3077 for 24 big ones. Cheapie chinese but looks like it will work fine.

Good luck.

OP
OP
77bronco_ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Thanks, sounds good... Anyone know what adjuster bracket will work.
Napa part? I would rather not drill, slot, a correct bracket is preferred.

I think It might be best to go the dual return route to prepare for a Hydroboost upgrade.

-Ed

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
BC Broncos has them, look under steering section.

The 48-14020 is the one you need. I mis-spoke in response above.

I re-used my stock adjuster bracket.

Part Number PART

48-14020 POWER STEERING PUMP BRACKET $39.99

48-14021 ADJUSTER BRACKET $29.99

Bubbason

Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Dual return is 79 6.6L Lincoln Conti.
The BC multimount 48-14031 is $100.00 is a super nice piece w/ unparalleled flexibility

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
I used the bracket/mount from Dusty's outfit.
My saginaw was from a 79 Lincoln.
You must remember, most, if not all, saggy's are the same, just the "can " is different.
You can make a dual return pump from a single by changing the "ham can" onto the body of the pump. (I have done this) you just have to watch where the two returns come out.
TOFIC

OP
OP
77bronco_ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Dual return is 79 6.6L Lincoln Conti.
The BC multimount 48-14031 is $100.00 is a super nice piece w/ unparalleled flexibility

Sounds like there is a prefered pump with a larger reservoir is this the Lincoln?