• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A Few D60 Questions

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I am picking up a 91 KP Ford D60 from inner C to inner C,

1. Can I use Chevy knuckles on a Ford 60?

2. Looking to go to 5 on 5.5, I read some of the methods, what seams to be the easiest that people have used? Does going to (or eventually) 35 spline outers affect the choice on this? I would assume you wouldnt do the D44 spindle method if going this route (wont fit without machining it too).

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I am picking up a 91 KP Ford D60 from inner C to inner C,

1. Can I use Chevy knuckles on a Ford 60?

2. Looking to go to 5 on 5.5, I read some of the methods, what seams to be the easiest that people have used? Does going to (or eventually) 35 spline outers affect the choice on this? I would assume you wouldnt do the D44 spindle method if going this route (wont fit without machining it too).

Whats up Tito,
Working on the same set up now with a 78 d60. Im not sure about the chevy outers but I guess they should bolt up. For the 5 on 5 1/2 conversion I got the rotors and brackets for chevy calipers from poly for the 5.5 conversion for the d60 and I plan on machining the 8 lug hub and redrilling them rather than spending 400 on the solid axle ones. 35 spline wont efect this set up. Pics are below

Attachments

• SA5R_100.jpg
    SA5R_100.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 54
  • SA12_100.jpg
    SA12_100.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 54

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
The Chevy knuckles and outers will work with the Ford housing. The only thing that won't work in your case is the ford outer stub shafts, but since there 30 spline you probbaly wouldn't use them anyway.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Gravy, I am trying to find the conversion brackets from poly, you have a part number or link?

I am not set on the 5 lug swap yet just weighing my options still.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The Chevy knuckles and outers will work with the Ford housing. The only thing that won't work in your case is the ford outer stub shafts, but since there 30 spline you probbaly wouldn't use them anyway.

Is that cause the Ford knuckle/spindle setup is about 0.6" shorter?

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Is that cause the Ford knuckle/spindle setup is about 0.6" shorter?

Yes, the GM stubs are longer. If your looking for knuckles for the bare housing you picked up, you could also look for Dodge parts they are compatible with all the GM outer parts.