• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good Undercoating Needed

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I have wire wheeled all the loose rust, sprayed with rust converter and sealed with rust encapsulator the whole underneath (frame off). I want to undercoat it, but don't have a gun that will shoot undercoating. What is the best stuff I can get in a rattle can? Want to do this before I put the rear quarters back on while I have good access. I've used MarHyde and Duplicolor before, but there should be something better. Not going to use POR-15.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
3M makes a good one. go to your auto paint supply store
i know keystone has a house brand.

for what you'll spend on a bunch of cans, you might just want to step up and buy a 3M shutz gun and shoot it.

rmcbama

Loc.
Birmingham
Paint

Eastwood has some rattle can paints equivalent to POR15. I haven't ised them nut know several people who use them for everything on the frame side. They also have some undercoating products that may work with what your doing.

borg

A schutz gun is only going to run you about $20, with the added bonus that you can use it later to apply your bedliner.

Steve

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Talk to Bax...he had a good expierence. But ask him how to do it right.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I never sold Eastwood but I have sold 3M and Dulpicolor and plastic coat ..3m is twice as good as the others ..It's just thicker and builds up better ...I used 10 cans on my Body inside and under ..So with that said a Shultz gun and a gallon may be cheap...Not much too a shultz gun just clean it when done..

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
i paid 19 at harbor freight for a 'hopper' texture gun. i added a ball valve as it runs (air) at all times and the trigger just opens the hopper. I used it to apply the DIY bedliner inside the tub with GREAT results. it will shoot just about any bedliner for that matter- applying it underneath with the body on the frame may pose a significant challenge since the hopper is 'open' on the top.

jPvTyFGgVTiFWY4YDWQwXw

OP
OP
Explorer

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Good suggestions guy's. Off to my local paint supplier tomorrow. I trust him, but still like to get input from personal experience's. He know's paint, but doesn't use it.