• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco project direction

1snowcat

Which way is the better way to finish the bronco addiction.... Should I start the EFI swap (explorer motor install) or start re-paint then do EFI swap afterwards???

Currently its a stock 75 Denver Bronco... I plan to make EFI and repaint to use as a daily driver and off-road....Both%)

Fighting with myself as to start EFI then do bodywork(after motor is in and running) or doing frame off installing the motor then and finish up details after paint it done??? Im not sure which way is best...:mad:

Any thoughts or better, best, ideas???

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Good body work 5 years ago will be the same as good body work today.
A good engine 5 years ago was a 5.0 mustang, today it is an Explorer engine.

Bodywork doesn't change over time, engine technology does. In 5 years we may have the Explorer wiring all figured out and it will be an easy drop in, leaving the old Mustang stuff out of date. Maybe not?

Good body is valuable. Engine swap is easy. Do body work now.

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
Not only that but with a good body you are, for lack of a better term, protecting the vehicle and hopefully keeping it from deteriorating (depending on its shape and the weather in your area)

Also as you work on the body you may decide to go a different route with the motor as is dictated by what happens with the build.

You may decide after you get this big honkin Bronco built that only a stroked 351W will fill your needs. ;D

OP
OP
1snowcat

1snowcat

thanks for the advice I have the Explorer and transmission parts so I will wait till I pull the body off the frame... not too much rust to fix or body damage at all the only real rust is the inner fenders behind the wheel wells... up high... This tub/body is one of the straightest ive found including the doors and fenders along with the tailgate... Shouldnt be too hard to get it done.. Now to decide on a paint scheme (its still got the original Denver Bronco paint scheme)

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
thanks for the advice I have the Explorer and transmission parts so I will wait till I pull the body off the frame... not too much rust to fix or body damage at all the only real rust is the inner fenders behind the wheel wells... up high... This tub/body is one of the straightest ive found including the doors and fenders along with the tailgate... Shouldnt be too hard to get it done.. Now to decide on a paint scheme (its still got the original Denver Bronco paint scheme)

LOL Famous last words, hope you're right.

OP
OP
1snowcat

1snowcat

i cant post pics or i would... Explorer if you post em for me I will show ta the rust or lack thereof...;)