• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Voltage regulator

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Probably not because there is no circuit breaker in the voltage regulator. However a bad light switch could blow the fusible link which also supplies power to the voltage regulator.

OP
OP
H

hughes26

Loc.
Simpsonville, SC
What fusible link are you taliking about?

I am in the process of putting this Bronco back together. I had the all the electrical working. I went to check something and thats when I found this problem. Is there a main fuse for the electrical system? I have lost all power to the fuse panel.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The fusible link is connected to the battery side of the starter solenoid. The other end goes to the large black-red wire which feeds current to the dash.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes/no. It's not really a "separate" piece, but you can cut the old one out and splice in a new one from the parts store.
It's that molded plasic chunk at the very end of the main power wire with the ring-terminal molded right into it.
Before you go replacing it though, check out that circuit with a volt meter.
Are you getting power to literally nothing now? No headlights? No brake lights? No nuttin'? Or is it just to the fuse panel?

Paul