• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

billet aluminum parts

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
I've been adding billet aluminum parts to my inventory for a while now. Just got the intake plenum covers in, both sizes with stainless screws.
$40 each
intake-covers.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

EGR Eliminator Plate retains the stock throttle cable bracket mounting location. 65mm 70mm 75mm and 90mm all come with 2 gaskets
$35 each
egr-plates.gif

3-1/4″ EGR Block Off for 1986-93 5.0L Mustangs, and 1993-95 5.8L Lightnings
$15.00
egr-blockoff-314.gif

2-7/8″ EGR Block Off for 1994-95 5.0L Mustangs, 1991-93 5.0L T-Birds, 1984-93 2.3L Fords, and 1985-97 4.9L 5.0L 5.8L & 7.5L Ford Trucks
$15.00
egr-blockoff-278.gif

1-3/4″ EGR Block Off for most 4.6L engines
$15.00
egr-blockoff-134.gif

2-3/8″ EGR Block Off for 5.4L V8 & 6.8L V10 engines
$15.00
egr-blockoff-238.gif

Stainless Steel Thermactor Smog Plugs for the holes in the back of your cylinder heads when removing the exhaust crossover tube
$15
thermactor-plugs.jpg

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
Stainless Steel Thermactor Smog Plugs for the holes in the back of your cylinder heads when removing the exhaust crossover tube
$15
thermactor-plugs.jpg

great parts but is that price right? $15 for two bolts that you can get at Lowes for $2 :eek:

OP
OP
Ryan

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
great parts but is that price right? $15 for two bolts that you can get at Lowes for $2 :eek:

%)
I'd love to see you find these STAINLESS bolts at Lowes, plus the loctite.
Post the reciept, and tell us how long you spent driving and shopping to find them.

Michael A

Loc.
San Diego
I looked for those at a hardware store here in San Diego. I couldn't find them, in SS or anything! This was an INDUSTRIAL hardware supply store!
I don't need them anymore, but if I did, I would think $15 would be fine.
Michael

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=70305&ucst=t

actually i did by them the other day at lowes. ther were 5/8 x11 bolts 1" long for $2. i can look and see.

now they were not stainless NOR would i use stainless. the stainless is more likely to gall up and break off.

also there are HUNDREDS of bolts in an engine and heads NONE of them are stainless steel. the stainless is not as strong and more likely to break.

another thing, unless the heads are new you will need a tap to clean the old carbon out of the threads. otherwise they will end up with a $15 broke bolt sticing out of their head.

no loktite needed and no leaks either. i did put a $.10 copper washer on the bolt before i installed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryan

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
Okay, thanks for the info %)
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=70305&ucst=t

actually i did by them the other day at lowes. ther were 5/8 x11 bolts 1" long for $2. i can look and see.
1in is too long, they cost over $2, and how much is it to ship?
now they were not stainless NOR would i use stainless. the stainless is more likely to gall up and break off.

also there are HUNDREDS of bolts in an engine and heads NONE of them are stainless steel. the stainless is not as strong and more likely to break.
No body cares, people want stainless hardware on their engine. %)
Let’s ask everybody how their stock water pump bolts are doing.
another thing, unless the heads are new you will need a tap to clean the old carbon out of the threads. otherwise they will end up with a $15 broke bolt sticing out of their head.
Oh no! You mean it requires some effort to work on an older vehicle. %)
Good thing everybody traded in their clunker for a new Ford Escape Hybrid
no loktite needed and no leaks either. i did put a $.10 copper washer on the bolt before i installed it.
Again, thanks for the info, nobody cares about.

Do you what me to come throw poop in your for sale threads? How rude

OP
OP
Ryan

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
I know whats out there, and good luck trying to get those installed if the engine is in the vehicle. Using a flat head screwdriver the drive 1in into the heads by the firewall is a big pain if you research the market. 1/2in - hex head – stainless, that is what people want.

Look I'm trying to earn a living here, why do you care if I make a couple buck making projects easier for people. I really dis-like people assuming I'm some rich jerk screwing people. I have very little profit margin, a family I have to feed, thousands of people calling my personal cell, and millions of people sending me pointless emails.

Like I pointed out, I'm not posting in your for sale threads judging what your stuff is really worth. If you don't want to buy my stuff, then DON'T, just leave me alone.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Seriously, why are you busting his b@lls over it? If it's too much, don't buy them :cool: I guess I could understand it if everything Ryan sold was overpriced, but most of his products are competitively priced. Some have been straight up give aways. I have an EFI and headlight harness I got through one of the mass buys. Probably one of the best purchases on my Bronco.

AZ69EB

Ryan,

Great looking billet parts and a great price for them. Keep up the great job.

I think the haters don't understand what it takes to run a PROFITABLE business.

I will be purchasing your EFI harness soon.

Thanks for supporting the Bronco community with your great products.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
That guy is just knocking Ryan because he's trying to hawk his own efi crap and wants to throw poop like a monkey at a zoo.

I might show up at his thread to see how he likes it, but with an attitude like that, I don't want to give him any bumps.

cafirefhtr

Hey Ryan,
No need to play Bronco 69 game. I haven't purchased anything from you yet, but from what I read here you sell quality parts, you got a lot on your plate, and must have a very understanding family.
From what I read here you have loyal customers and that says a lot right there, you wont please every customer no matter how hard you try. Word gets out about bad vendors and you have no worries there. Keep up the good work, it certainly makes it easier for me

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I thought one of the forum rules was not to price bash.
I for one, appreciate all the great info you have provided free of charge.
Keep up the good work Ryan.

qualls49

Loc.
Memphis
Nice parts man. Which block off plate do I need to completely remove the EGR valve from a 1976 Ford Bronco with a 302?

crab

Bronco Guru
Ryan, trying to get a hold of you to order up a harness but your phone numbers don't work. Please call or email me. Thanks.............Crab
541-992-2434
craabs@gmail.com

67broncorebuild

Loc.
stanwood Wa
Not to sound bias on either side, but i would rewrite the thread. I am not a EFI person, but the thread really looks bad. Both seem a bit out of line for a vendor forum. Dont get me wrong, i would buy the bolts, but it just looks bad for buisness.

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Ryan,

I've sent you emails and the # isn't getting me anywhere. I ordered some of these parts in early November, and because I bought an old (unused) RJM harness from another member that turned out to be one of the first you made, you said you'd like to check it out and sent me a call tag. It's been over 2 months - I really do NEED to get the stuff back.

I've you're reading this, PLEASE call me or drop me an email and let me know what's going on.

Ryan

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Not to sound bias on either side, but i would rewrite the thread. I am not a EFI person, but the thread really looks bad. Both seem a bit out of line for a vendor forum. Dont get me wrong, i would buy the bolts, but it just looks bad for buisness.

No what looks bad is RJM taking $75 of my money for billet parts, asking to check my harness and not bothering to return any f**king emails, phone calls or my parts.

I understand getting busy. But seriously, how hard is it to slap a label on a damn box and ship it out at some point over the course of 90 days? I even offered to have it picked up or to email him a label - no response.

At this point, it's going to cost me $600 to replace the stuff of mine that he's been sitting on since November. So, if anyone's close to his location, I'll pay you $100 to go knock on his door and pick my shit up and send it back to me.

Ryan

Thomas H.

Loc.
San Diego (N.County)
running a bussiness is hard and 15$ dollars is a small pie to make a living on.
his profit margin is small people, ryan parts prices look good over over all.
Bronco Houses have to have higher prices as well, this is a do it yourself sport.

adviceman298

Where

What site offers these Bronco parts? sorry if I just missed it on the page.
I've been adding billet aluminum parts to my inventory for a while now. Just got the intake plenum covers in, both sizes with stainless screws.
$40 each
intake-covers.jpg

EGR Eliminator Plate retains the stock throttle cable bracket mounting location. 65mm 70mm 75mm and 90mm all come with 2 gaskets
$35 each
egr-plates.gif

3-1/4″ EGR Block Off for 1986-93 5.0L Mustangs, and 1993-95 5.8L Lightnings
$15.00
egr-blockoff-314.gif

2-7/8″ EGR Block Off for 1994-95 5.0L Mustangs, 1991-93 5.0L T-Birds, 1984-93 2.3L Fords, and 1985-97 4.9L 5.0L 5.8L & 7.5L Ford Trucks
$15.00
egr-blockoff-278.gif

1-3/4″ EGR Block Off for most 4.6L engines
$15.00
egr-blockoff-134.gif

2-3/8″ EGR Block Off for 5.4L V8 & 6.8L V10 engines
$15.00
egr-blockoff-238.gif

$15
thermactor-plugs.jpg