• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo Install with...

matt w

Bronco Guru
I have not had Tunes in over a year!

I pulled my "Working Amp" & "Working Amped Bazooka" and Pioneer speakers out of my jeep with the hopes of installing those items with a new stereo in my Bronco.

BEST BUY WANTED 300.00 TO INSTALL THAT AND THAT WAS WITH ME TELLING THEM TO LEAVE ALL THE WIRES EXPOSED SO I COULD RUN THEM AFTER I PUT THE NEW CARPET IN!

Would a stereo, an amplifier & a Bazooka with a built in amp be an easy install?

I do not have any directions & need to buy a new unit! I will have directions for the new stereo I will purchase but not for the AMP or Bazooka!

Is this easy for a novice? Can one pull it off without blowing something up!? I think 300.00 to install it is CRAZY%)

Hefty

Loc.
Monument, CO
Its not rocket science. The new head unit will have directions. The biggest issue is finding the right power lead. You want to hook it up to the ignition so the radio will maintain its memory (clock and presets) but not stay on when you turn the bronco off. The rest is just plug and play

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Its not rocket science. The new head unit will have directions. The biggest issue is finding the right power lead. You want to hook it up to the ignition so the radio will maintain its memory (clock and presets) but not stay on when you turn the bronco off. The rest is just plug and play

Ya I can install a stereo to speakers..but it is running that amp and amped bazooka!? ..Like what goes where and how!? I will search on-line I guess for "how to" with that stuff!..unless someone else can point me to a site?

Thanks!;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
stereo install is a piece of cake! only reason we paid to get the stereo installed in my CRV is because half the dash had to come apart. LITERALLY!

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
stereo install is a piece of cake! only reason we paid to get the stereo installed in my CRV is because half the dash had to come apart. LITERALLY!

Ya mine is going in the new Smitty Bilt center council....& yes I have installed a few stereos in the day..but it was only deck to speakers...no amp or amped Bazooka!......I'm gonna go for it i guess!%)

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
amp is super easy. run power direct from the battery or distribution block 8ga or bigger with a fuse less than 8" from the battery direct to amp, ground the same size as the power to any bolt into body that is handy, remote turn on from the radio antenna out (I usually put a switch in line with this so I can turn off the amp/sub), and RCA from pre-amp output of head unit to RCA of amp. Speaker + and - from amp to sub, read directions if bridging amp.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
amp is super easy. run power direct from the battery or distribution block 8ga or bigger with a fuse less than 8" from the battery direct to amp, ground the same size as the power to any bolt into body that is handy, remote turn on from the radio antenna out (I usually put a switch in line with this so I can turn off the amp/sub), and RCA from pre-amp output of head unit to RCA of amp. Speaker + and - from amp to sub, read directions if bridging amp.

DUDE!..You are ALMOST speaking French to me!;D

......Whats a bridge!? heh-heh (I kinda understand, but still..it's french right now!)

..............too bad I can't drive over to your house! heh-heh

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
This is all vague and just a general idea without pictures of your components or the exact component names and numbers it’s hard to write exact directions. Your new stereo will have a wiring diagram with it and should help. If you can hook up a VCR or DVD player you can do this.

When you buy your stereo it will have rca jacks (red and white plugs) you will run rca cable to from your "front" rca jacks on the stereo to the amp. The amp should be labeled and depending on how many channels it has you may have multiple options but it should be labeled. On the other side of the amp should be a place to hook speaker wire. Hook your wire up and run it to your speakers. Depending on your stereo you should be able to do the same for your bazooka tube; the stereo may have a jack specifically for a bass tube. The rest is pulling power from your fuse block to run the components. When you pull power run it down the opposite side of the bronco from your rca and speaker wire.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
nevermind...that was for a regular head unit->amplifier->subwoofer install.

best bet would be to find a bud who has done a whole system install. It really isn't that hard, bit if you aren't certain it is always better to have experienced help.

Get THIS KIT to install the bazooka tube.

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
try these links to get your confidence up...

AMP...
http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_movie.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/amplifier_installation_guide.html

STEREO
http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/car_stereo/installation_video.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/car_stereo/installation_guide.html

SPEAKERS
http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/speakers_movie.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/speakers_movie.html

Most of this is for late model cars and trucks but it should help you get a feel for what your doing. This site has lots of articles since its mail order and most of their customers will be self installing. You may be able to find better info than i found if you do a little searching on the site.

iamfastrr

I have done plenty of full stereo installs. Its pretty easy. If you closer I could help you out.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
This stuff is a piece of cake, most important thing is making sure you have the amp power wires fused near the battery.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
Use The Head Unit To Power The Speakers And The Amp To Power The Tube.
ALSO UNDER THE PASS SEAT IS A GOOD PLACE FOR THE AMP imo

Attachments

• amp 001.jpg
    amp 001.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 80
  • amp 002.jpg
    amp 002.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 83
  • amp 003.jpg
    amp 003.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 63
  • amp 004.jpg
    amp 004.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Well after all this AND what I have done to my truck in the past...I'm gonna go for it.....
Now for a cheapy brand name "no bells and whistles or fancy screen" unit that I can order on line and plug my ipod into!.....ideas? hmmmm? ;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Come to tally, we'll get it all put together in an afternoon!

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I just put an amp & sub in mine last weekend & it's no biggie. You can likely find the installation instructions for the amp online, same with the Bazooka tube. Assuming the Bazooka has it's own amp (you said it was amp'd, right?) you'll likely just have to run some RCA cables to it from the head unit. As mentioned, the head unit's instructions should be pretty clear on this "typical" installation.

I only needed an amp for my sub; the head unit powers the 2 door & 2 rear speakers. It gets plenty loud & clear with this setup. You might try that for a bit & simplify your initial installation by skipping the speaker amp for now.