• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying ARB air locker air supply line...

Bundy

Bronco Guru
i need to get some line for my air locker asap- i found a leak in the line close to the compressor. i am going to call the local dealers tomorrow, but i want to make sure i ask for the right stuff.

it's a blue plastic line, i am sure it's a standard size. it is just called air locker line? is there something better out there now i can look for? anything tips for replacing it?

thanks all!

bludorbronc

i am cheap, when i got a leak in my line i bought some 1/8" vaccum line connecters. you just cut out the bad spot and insert the end of the slice into the line and thats it. nice thing about it is any parts house carries them, no special order and wait. ive had one in my line for about 10 years and no leak. also when i got the coil of line from arb when new, i dropped the coil around the compressor and pulled out enough to hook up that way next time i need more line i just pull more from the coil.

ransil

Bronco Guru
The line size is 5mm must be popular in Australia , can't find anything 5mm around here.
If all else fails call ARB they have repair kits.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
As for better line, Independent 4x4 sells coated, braided stainless lines for replacing the blue plastic line. Looks like this:

ARBbraidedline.jpg

That's pretty much all I run with my ARBs and I've never had a problem with it. I have heard of others duplicating the lines, never done it myself. We've done mass buys through them before, great people to work with.
Joe

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
thanks for the info guys- i think when i redo my suspension i might go witht that nice braided air line above.

i need the stuff here tomorrow so i just called ARB and bought the repair kit which comes with two splicers and 6 ft of line, as well as the fairing so i will have all my bases covered.