• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me figure out this ARB air line fitting!

Bundy

Bronco Guru
so as usual, i set out to fix a small leak from the line between the locker and the compressor, and turned it into a big leak from the top and bottom.

anyway, i have an ARB repair kit and i figured out how the fitting to the bulkhead goes, but the fitting that plugs into the solenoid is beyond me.

Does this come apart? how does it come apart/connect to the line? i even had a cold beer with another set of eyes and we can't figure it out ;D

also, is it available at home depot/similar stores?

Thanks!

Ryan

PB050021.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
As I recall you have to pull out on the red part to install or remove the hose.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
thanks for the reply Viperwolf-

i tugged on it with some needle nose but nothing gave- i will try again as long as i know this isn't a "one time use" style fitting...

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
wow, i'm a retard. i figured out the fitting, push in not pull out... duh!

sometimes i just need to type sh*t out and read it a couple times %)

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Next time around get the Russell fittings that adapt to AN and braided stainless hose... you won't regret it!

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Next time around get the Russell fittings that adapt to AN and braided stainless hose... you won't regret it!

good call, once I get my suspension all done i am for sure doing that, but man did i feel dumb after figuring that out... it's like Tech support telling you "did you try the O-N button"?%)

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
The fittings that go into the solinoids have to come from ARB cause they are british thread. You wont find them anywhere...

If i recall comparing the british thread to our 1/8 NPT correctly, the british thread had 28 threads per inch while out 1/8-27 NPT has 27. Even the diameter and tapered were darn close. Close enough that over the 3/8 of an inch or so of thread engagement, it's not enough to cause problems, heck, a pipe thread is a binding fit anyway due to the taper. I just put an 1/8-27 NPT pipe nipple with teflon tape into my solenoid and attached it to my OBA manifold with a 1/8 - 1/4 adapter. No leaks for me.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those push-lock fittings are standard off-the-shelf items at places like Motion Industries who stock a ton of SMC products. Just because it's not NPT doesn't mean it's from a different planet...it's just different.