• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Remove Main Tank Fuel Sending unit..it's stuck!

jasonv

So I am trying to get the fuel sending unit out of the main tank. I removed the ring and nothing is moving now. Is there anything else holding the unit in??

Thanks,
Jason

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There's a rubber o-ring that is the seal, it get's sticky and can hold up things. Gently pry on the sender or just pull on it it will come out.

OP
OP
J

jasonv

Stuck it was. Pried around the edge with the small screwdriver and it eventually came off. It was stuck enough that I was concerned the edge of the unit might bend up.

Looking inside my filter has fallen off and split into several pieces...? Who's got a good replacement? Tom's and JBG have them but the prices vary wildly, anybody know about quality?

Other than that it looks great, nice and shiny.

Jason

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You might even try the ford dealer, I know they stock the floats as they are the same for most fords for eons... The 'sock' that goes on the end should be fairly universal also.