• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper switch..

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I have a wiper switch I am trying to use. It is the kind that comes with a Centech Harness or the wiper set up Wild Horses sells.
Anyone know what terminal is what on it.
There are a total of 7 blade terminals on the rear. 5 of them are numbered 1-5, another in the center is labeled with a B, lastly there is one more blade near the top (Ground?)
Thanks. No pics because camera got lost on last camping trip (somewhere on a hill in West Virginia).

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Your the man, thats exactly it. (fig 2)
I wonder if I can use it with a stock single electric motor? Dont see why not

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Your the man, thats exactly it. (fig 2)
I wonder if I can use it with a stock single electric motor? Dont see why not

If the switch is rated to carry as much current as the stock motor pulls it would work in High and low. However you will not be able to make the park function work. The stock switch is an integral part of the park function on the stock motor.

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
OK, Im still on the fence weather to use the stock electric set up from a Bronco or go with the Wild Horses dual motor set up. I have had it before where I had to "bump" the switch to get it to park the wipers, not really a problem.
I had to modify the stock set up to work with my earlier 68 window frame anyhow.

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
thanks for the help so far (in this post and some others). I have the dash wiring hooked up and dash back in. I am hoping the wiring works once I get it all fires up.