• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another question for the day (Fuel gauge)

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I plan on running just the stock fuel guage in my speedometer cluster as I have other gauges in the dash. looking at the back of the stock fuel guage in the cluster I see 2 posts, Im pretty sure one (dont know which) goes to the fuel sender in the tank, where do I run the second Post to (to a power source?)

70_Steve

Old Guy
... Im pretty sure one (dont know which) goes to the fuel sender in the tank, where do I run the second Post to (to a power source?)
Three of the stock gauges (Water temp, Oil presssure and Fuel level) were powered by an Instrument Voltage Regulator (IVR). It's a small metal can that mounts on the back side of the instrument cluster. The stock gauge will not work properly if connected to 12Vdc.

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
ok, does it matter which side (terminal) I run the fuel sending wire to on the back of the gauge. Also does it matter which side i run the other wire to on the Voltage regulator? I know the power will go into one of the two terminals on the regulator (IVR)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it does matter.
On mine though, I think one of the posts had a marking next to it. Can you see any kind of stampings in the cardboard or sheetmetal backing of the gauge?

Paul