• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hooker headers and dual kit

Oatmeal

Okay, I already have the headers (bought them about 8 yrs ago) they're still in the box! I swapped a 351W in it a few years back and just modified my old leaky headers just so I could move the truck (had to move). I also have a brand new (almost, bought them from a buddy after he ran them for less than a week!) pair of Flowmasters. I'm considering this kit: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/H...908331+4294925073+4294908330+115&autoview=sku because it's a total bolt in and won't require a trip to the muffler shop (I'll probably weld the connections instead of using the supplied clamps). My question, does anybody have any experience with this kit? Mainly how well does it tuck up out of the way? My Bronco sees (saw......it's been driveway bound for quite a few years now......wanna start wheeling it again!) alot of rocky trails and my present (albeit leaky) exhaust was designed for just that type of wheeling and the tail pipes are tucked in tight near my bobbed rear quarter panels.......I'll modify the kit's tail pipes for more clearance but, what about underneath.......will the rest of the system become a rock magnet?:? If I have to, I will take it to a muffler shop and have a new system bent the way I want it but......just trying to save a few bucks! Thanks for any feedback. And, I know go ahead and give me crap about my rig being a "driveway wheeler"%) -----------Hans

Last edited:

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I would shop around. For $300 I can get a complete dual system with mufflers and cats, lifetime guarantee, all in stainless. That is a lot less than some of his competitors, but I know a ton of people he has done work for.

There maybe some one in your area doing the same kind of work for the same kind of money.

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I bought the kit. It turns out I did not have the right model of hooker headers.

I had to make the pipe from the flanges to the muffler. It worked out pretty good.

I also got a price of $300 to have one made but I wanted to finish the exhaust before it was road worthy and didn't want to deal with towing it.

OP
OP
O

Oatmeal

I would shop around. For $300 I can get a complete dual system with mufflers and cats, lifetime guarantee, all in stainless. That is a lot less than some of his competitors, but I know a ton of people he has done work for.

There maybe some one in your area doing the same kind of work for the same kind of money.

Well, I already have the headers and mufflers and don't want to spend anymore than I have to. Plus I don't really want to drive (or tow) an unmuffled vehicle to the muffler shop and I really like doing it myself when I can:)
I bought the kit. It turns out I did not have the right model of hooker headers.

I had to make the pipe from the flanges to the muffler. It worked out pretty good.

I also got a price of $300 to have one made but I wanted to finish the exhaust before it was road worthy and didn't want to deal with towing it.
So, how was the clearence under the truck? My current exhaust is pretty well tucked up out of the way of rocks.......I think I'll buy it after my tax return comes. Thanks, guys---------Hans

stroked 66

Contributor
Hooker system.

Well, I already have the headers and mufflers and don't want to spend anymore than I have to. Plus I don't really want to drive (or tow) an unmuffled vehicle to the muffler shop and I really like doing it myself when I can:) So, how was the clearence under the truck? My current exhaust is pretty well tucked up out of the way of rocks.......I think I'll buy it after my tax return comes. Thanks, guys---------Hans

Hans, where does the hooker exhaust exit? I guessing it is forward of the rear wheels at a 45 degree angle.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hans, where does the hooker exhaust exit? I guessing it is forward of the rear wheels at a 45 degree angle.

Try behind the tire. If you look at the kits you will see that they hav ebends to go up over the axle then down under the frame and out the side.