• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

T handle twin stick conversion

hdfx81

What kind of a job is it to install twin sticks on a 72 bronco with t-handle shift and no body lift? Thinking of getting the JB Fab set has anyone used this one?

tbratz

I put a Duffy's setup in my '69 and it's pretty straight forward to install them. You do have to tear into the case some to get at the shift rails and such, but it's pretty simple. No need for a body lift either.

Tbratz

pooneee

Loc.
Dacula, GA
Tbratz,

I too am thinking about going from a T handle to a twin stick. Can you be a little more specific as to what modifications you had to make to the T-case shift rails to make the Duffy kit work?

Thanks,

Poone

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
What kind of a job is it to install twin sticks on a 72 bronco with t-handle shift and no body lift? Thinking of getting the JB Fab set has anyone used this one?

Did mine and it was a piece of pi** to do. A little work to it but went right in. Did not do the shift rail job on the T shift case but did it on the J shift case.
Real easy to do, gets me out in the "man pit" (her words not mine)
TOFIC

G8tor38

I installed the twins in a 72 with the T case and didn't need a lift. I didn't do anything to the T case and it was working fine but tight, now it is difficult to get them in and out of gear (this could be due to a hand sledge, but my buddy swears he didn't hit the rail tubes). I bought a new D 20 to replace the original and will remove the (pills) I think they are called between the rails. If anyone wants to email me I will forward a email I got explaining what needs to be done. g8tor38@aol.com

nrramse

I got my set from Bronco Graveyard. I've never made in any mods to the transfer case though - I simple put the twin sticks on. The hardest part was getting my hands up in there to put the cotter pins in. I was glad to have my brother there to help.

Newell

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
JB makes probably the best twin sticks out there IMO. i've installed many sets, and his new design makes it so you don't have to trim out the hole opening to get them in.

oneshot1kill

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I like my JB Fab twin sticks, met the owner in person. I bought the aluminum knobs to go with the sticks and he even turned a matching knob to install on my gear banger. His twin sticks are very nice, good welds, nice bends, nice boot with stainless trim. The install was easy but I did it when I was replacing my tunnel so I might not be the best judge of difficulty. The adjustment on mine is that both adjusters are almost screwed all the way down and they index well.

I also bought one of their longer clutch rods for my body lift and like the metal bushings.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
JB makes probably the best twin sticks out there IMO. i've installed many sets, and his new design makes it so you don't have to trim out the hole opening to get them in.

Yeah, they make a good product from what I've read as well..!

Anyone have problems with Jeff's twin stick coming out of 4 high? my walks its way out when in 4 high. more on street in snow and mudding. Any Help

Ryan