• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rubber tcase bushings

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Does anyone make new ones in rubber? I can't find them.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You already running the Poly and don't like them Viperwolf? Or are you just trying to stick with the stock rubber so you don't have added vibration?
Reason I ask is that I've used poly body mounts and trans mounts and never really noticed a problem. I like smooth and quite a LOT myself, so am kind of picky, but never noticed the vibrations or road-harshness that others have talked about.
Either on my Bronco or my std. cab '79 pickup.

You tried Ford yet? I know it's an old part that they probably don't service any longer, but thought it might be worth a shot.

Paul

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I looked around and was surprised to find only polly replacements. Perhaps some good used rubber ones?

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You already running the Poly and don't like them Viperwolf? Or are you just trying to stick with the stock rubber so you don't have added vibration?
Reason I ask is that I've used poly body mounts and trans mounts and never really noticed a problem. I like smooth and quite a LOT myself, so am kind of picky, but never noticed the vibrations or road-harshness that others have talked about.
Either on my Bronco or my std. cab '79 pickup.

You tried Ford yet? I know it's an old part that they probably don't service any longer, but thought it might be worth a shot.

Paul

Yeah, I've been using poly mounts back there forever. I have the Bronco down in it's wintertime fix/improve phase and was thinking that rubber might help to eliminate some vibration. I'd like to turn it back into something I can drive across the country without beating myself up too bad. The extreme motor mounts added a bit of vibration but it's too much work to go backwards there. I'm thinking a little dampening at the tcase end will help some.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If they're not rubber, I have a good set you can have. I say "good" because they look and act fine, but have 39 years and 175k miles on them!
Still, they're in great shape and did yeoman duty on my rig for all those years.
They're yours if you want to try them out.

Paul

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If they're not rubber, I have a good set you can have. I say "good" because they look and act fine, but have 39 years and 175k miles on them!
Still, they're in great shape and did yeoman duty on my rig for all those years.
They're yours if you want to try them out.

Paul

Thanks for the offer Paul. I think I'll try Napa and see what they look like.