• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C6-205 Adapter?

FlyAttack

Loc.
Phoenix
Hey guys. I'm trying to match-up my C6 to an NP205....thought I had the right adapter...but it is not matching up. the notch for the shift rail is in the wrong place. Any words of wisdom?

the C6 came from an 86' F250 and it has the 5.75" adapter
(#RF-E7TP-7A040-AA)

The 205 came from a 78' F250 and was (until yesterday) attached to an
NP435. (which is my fall-back plan.... i guess)

I'm obvisouly missing something?
Do I need a different adapter.....or a different 205?

Thanks, Mike

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Is the c6 a short extension housing version? 5 3/4'' long. If so you will need to grind a new cutout for the 205 shift rail.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
If memory serves, all you should need to do is cut a section out of the C-6 tailhousing so the shift rail on the 205 will fit.

Something like this:
1.jpg

Do you have something totally different?
Joe

OP
OP
FlyAttack

FlyAttack

Loc.
Phoenix
Is the c6 a short extension housing version? 5 3/4'' long. If so you will need to grind a new cutout for the 205 shift rail.

Yup.....It is the short housing 5 3/4"......Thanks for the info. I will cut away at it.

I know you have the same set-up in yours. do you have rear or forward dirve shaft issues? I've heard some chatter about having to notch the C6 pan???

Thanks again, Mike

OP
OP
FlyAttack

FlyAttack

Loc.
Phoenix
If memory serves, all you should need to do is cut a section out of the C-6 tailhousing so the shift rail on the 205 will fit.

Something like this:
1.jpg

Do you have something totally different?
Joe

Thanks, that is it.....except i do not have the inner shield on mine....I can see the governor on the out-put shaft. Do you think that the shield is important?

Thanks again, Mike

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Thanks, that is it.....except i do not have the inner shield on mine....I can see the governor on the out-put shaft. Do you think that the shield is important?

Thanks again, Mike

That pic is actually of a ZF that I cut to hang a NP205 off of, so it's just to show where the cut out needs to be.
Joe

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yup.....It is the short housing 5 3/4"......Thanks for the info. I will cut away at it.

I know you have the same set-up in yours. do you have rear or forward dirve shaft issues? I've heard some chatter about having to notch the C6 pan???

Thanks again, Mike

I run a long shaft 205. So I have zero front drive-shaft problems. The long extension housing is 8 3/4'' The extra length lets a full size ccv joint be run up front. Notching the pan with the short shaft version is not necessary the CV tends to hit the side of the case. A small dia drive-shaft will fix this problem. But it is close.