• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Air Cleaner vs Hood Clearance

jerrbo

Loc.
Livermore
I don't want to put a hood scoop in the hood to clear the air cleaner of my 351W powered 1967 Bronco. I usually run with the windshield down when offroad. I'm currently using an Edelbrock low-profile triangular air cleaner and the underside of the hood has dented it! Any ideas? I don't want to lift the body 1 inch for the clearance.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Stock bronco 302 air cleaner will work. There may be a few drop base aircleaners that will fit as well. Running with the windshield down will probably make bow the hood a little more and it may still touch especailly on hard bumps.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Holley makes this...

hly-64280_m.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-64280/

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have an econoline low profile manifold for sale for the 351w.That's the one a lot of guys use to fit the 351 under a stock hood. The carb sits like 1 1/2'' lower than with a performer manifold.