• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

seat brackets

cbautoworks

Loc.
nashville
i have a nice set of after market seats in my eb. the problem is that i need seat mounts that will allow me to slide the seats and gain access to the back seat. any help?

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
I just finished the installation of some ford escape seats. I had initially installed them with bolt on steel strips to the existing brackets but just recently welded a more permanent set-up.
I used a 1"x1" steel angle piece to span between the 2 seat rails and welded to the seat. Then I welded the exiting seat brackets (the ones which bolt to the floor) on the steel angle. I first aligned the seat to center it, clamped the mounting brackets to the steel angle and welded. This allows me to move the seat forward and back. I am also able to fold the passenger seat and flip it forward to access the back.

OP
OP
C

cbautoworks

Loc.
nashville
the problem i have is the previous owner installed the seat dircectly to the floor so i dont have the original mounts. will the original mounts work?

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
Depending on your welding/fab skills you can make anything work. If I were to do it again, I would fab some custom seat mounts to lower the seat height a little. I am still in the amature stage of fabrication but enjoy trying different things out.
I can post some pics of my setup if that would help.