• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Timing Mark Help

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
How is an easy way to find 10* (roughly) past tdc? I have no marks other than tdc on my balancer. Is there a measurement around the outside of the balancer that i could just measure to get me close? motor is 351w

70_Steve

Old Guy
How is an easy way to find 10* (roughly) past tdc?
It's about this far past! |____| ;)

I used timing tape. Then took a cutoff wheel on my Dremel and marked 10, 20, 30 and 40.

I have a later ( '86) 351 which had the timing marks on the balancer for the timing pointer on the passenger side. But I'm using the front dress off a 302. I used a TDC tool, then, as I said, used the timing tape.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Ok, the brain light came on a minute after i posted... I went out to the other EB and that one had marks on the balancer...

So if anyone is wondering, 70 Steve was right, its about this much |_____|.... It actually measured to be 9/16 of an inch, 10 degrees....